Business Insights Analyst
Decision Resources Group is the premier provider of analysis, insight and data on the significant issues facing the biopharmaceutical industry. Each year the world's leading biopharma companies turn to Decision Resources Group (DRG) for their strategic planning, market development, technology management, and competitive intelligence requirements.
We are seeking motivated Business Insights Analysts to join the talented Infectious, Niche, & Rare Diseases team at DRG. The role comprises three broad functions: 1) market research and insight generation; 2) project management and execution; and 3) client service. The Business Insights Analyst will translate therapeutic expertise and market research data into targeted insights for key decision-makers within the biopharmaceutical industry. Areas of coverage will span the team’s diverse research portfolio in neurology, hematology, rheumatology, respiratory, infectious diseases, dermatology, and other therapeutic areas.
- Build and apply an understanding of drug development and commercialization, including the dynamics in niche markets and rare diseases.
- Conduct primary research via interviews and surveys with medical and healthcare experts.
- Critically analyze clinical data and commercial information from several sources to evaluate market trends, assess opportunity, and build market forecasts.
- Effectively and concisely communicate business insights through multiple formats (e.g., slide decks, live presentations).
- Develop and maintain partnerships with clients; understand their needs and deliver solutions.
- Manage the execution of multiple projects with minimal supervision.
- Field client queries and ad hoc requests with minimal supervision.
- Show a strong grasp of complex commercial issues in communication with clients and internal stakeholders.
- Advanced degree (MA, MBA, MPH, MS, or PhD in life sciences, social sciences or statistics) and/or relevant experience in the biopharma, healthcare, market research, consulting, or financial sectors.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and objectively in written and spoken English.
- A flexible and collaborative approach to work.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to build relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Experience with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Interest in engaging the challenges facing the biopharma industry.
- Experience in working with complex data sets (e.g., SQL).
- Familiarity with clinical research, drug development, and/or commercialization processes.
- Experience in modeling and forecasting pharmaceutical markets.
- Experience with key information resources (e.g., clinical trial and pipeline databases, sales/consumption data, physician audit databases).
- Experience with Tableau.
- Experience with real-world data (e.g., claims, EHR).
- Knowledge of market access and reimbursement issues in major and/or growth markets.
About Decision Resources Group
Decision Resources Group offers best-in-class, high-value information and insights on important sectors of the healthcare industry. Clients rely on this analysis and data to make informed, knowledgeable decisions. With more than 1,300 employees worldwide, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Visit our page at https://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental, vision and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(K) retirement plan after two complete months of employment.
Decision Resources Group is proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Professional 3 / Grade 7