Business Development Manager
As a Business Development Manager you will be tasked with generating new business from small and mid-cap Pharma accounts (up to and including $1bn t/o) as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships through focused account management and retention activities both over the telephone and face-to-face.
- Proactive new business generation with a focus on mid-tier pharmaceutical and biotech companies, as well as other key industry stakeholders
- Managing these existing relationships for growth through valued account management and up-selling new solutions
- Maintaining a robust pipeline for future sales by sourcing new prospects as well as qualifying inbound leads for conversion
- Engaging and communicating effectively with senior (often C-level) decision makers both over the telephone and face to face
- Accurately maintaining and developing prospect/client data via our CRM tool
- Collaborating with other commercial teams to maximize revenue opportunities from prospects and existing clients
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge across a broad range of DR’s products and services
- Attending conferences and events with the aim of developing new business and supporting existing clients
- Degree or MBA educated
- Business Intelligence sales experience into the Pharmaceutical sector required, which must include proactive telephone-based new business generation.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of presenting to senior decision makers in the Pharma sector
- Experience of attending and exhibiting at industry events and conferences
- Experience of selling into EMEA and Asia-Pacific Pharma markets
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- A motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Passionate about winning; A self-starter with a track record of success ideally in and out of the workplace
- Languages: fluency in written & oral English is a must. Knowledge of other languages, preferably to help penetrate Asia-Pacific markets, would be beneficial but is not a pre-requisite
We have a great working environment based offices in central London. The office has a mixture of sales & non sales staff with a cosmopolitan feel. We are a friendly, inclusive organisation with inspirational leaders that have a common goal.
Competitive salary and benefits package in line with experience, including:
- 25 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- Pension scheme (6% employer contribution from day one)
- Commission scheme