Commercial Director, APAC
As a Commercial Director, you will be tasked with growing our presence in this region. DRG have a high growth trajectory and are intent on securing new, and growing existing, partnerships with DRG’s key customers. This includes regional operations of MNCs, large APAC headquartered accounts and local/national SMEs. You will lead the local Commercial team, refine and execute on a strategic plan and will be expected to partner successfully with internal stakeholders across the breadth of our solution portfolio.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading and growing a regional Commercial team (currently 3 people)
- Partnering with internal stakeholders (Business & Product Managers, Consulting Partners, Marketing and Customer Experience) in developing and executing on a regional strategy
- Strategic account development with a focus on DRG’s APAC market.
- Business development within large MNCs to drive revenue across all business units
- Conducting knowledge gap analysis for assigned Strategic Accounts
- Optimise the customer journey and experience with Decision Resources
- Create, present and execute strategic account and business plans
- Expanding the use of their products and services into all appropriate departments within a named account base
- Prospecting for new customers and qualifying new leads to support a balanced pipeline for future sales – including partnering with internal consulting team in Asia to generate opportunities.
- Generating proposals, planning customer meetings, and demonstrating capabilities on assigned products in a defined territory
- Coaching and development of team members
Education, Experience, and Competencies Required:
- Business or Scientific Degree
- 12 + years Sales and Account Management experience
- 2+ years Account and/or People leadership
- Pharmaceutical or healthcare industry experience required
- Candidate should have an established pharma network in the region
- Ability to develop strong internal and external partnerships through a collaborative, outside-in mindset
- Track record of delivering results and exceeding sales quotas
- Experience of operating within a matrix organization
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- Strong attention to detail; demonstrates precision and accuracy
- Ability to execute on multiple priorities within a fast-paced environment
- Clear thinker with proven ability to synthesize complex issues into simple messages
- Ability to travel internationally within the region (1-2 weeks p/month)
- Team player, experience of working with cross-functional and international teams
- Languages: fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of any or several other regional languages would be a benefit.
Remuneration: Very competitive base salary plus Commission and Benefits plan