DRG is a global information and technology services company that provides proprietary data, solutions, and expertise to the healthcare industry. DRG helps leading healthcare companies improve their operational and strategic performance by providing the industry's best data, analytics, and insight-based products and services. Data – much of it proprietary and/or sourced directly through primary market research -- is the foundation of the value we deliver.
DRG’s Market Access business helps organizations understand how prescription drugs are covered, distributed, prescribed, and paid for. This insight is built on our best-in-class data assets. If you’re passionate about our healthcare system (fixing it, at least), let’s talk. While our products look like spreadsheets and software, our solutions drive decision-making in the $350+ billion dollar market for prescription drugs.
We are seeking a Research Analyst to join our team to support the data collection, entry, and implementation process for our leading pharmaceutical market access product. As a Research Analyst on our team, you will provide data support for client-facing platforms, presentations, and ad-hoc client requests. The Research Analyst is a critical part of the team serving our pharmaceutical clients with actionable data.
The Research Analyst role is a great opportunity for a relatively inexperienced yet motivated individual to begin their career in the pharmaceutical market research space. The position requires extreme attention to detail, care in quality of work, self-motivation, and fast learning. The analyst will be exposed to learning opportunities about the U.S. Healthcare System and will gain deep familiarity with specific payers and PBMs, therapeutic areas, and pharmaceutical client needs in this space. An analyst has significant opportunity for subject matter expertise and professional growth through exposure to a variety of data types, projects, and specialized tasks.
Initially the Research Analyst role will be to support Senior Analysts in data collection and entry, process improvements, and client inquiries. As skill level progresses, the Analyst will become more involved in increasing complicated data including deeply clinical and analytical work.
- Research, review, and enter pharmaceutical product management data efficiently and accurately for all therapeutic drug classes and for all payer segments: Commercial, PBM, Commercial Medicaid, State Medicaid and Medicare plans
- Work with the Analyst team to create best practices for capturing plan changes and management updates
- Leverage a set technology tools, including proprietary web scraping and natural language processing software to drive efficiency
- Collaborate with other DRG teams to facilitate a variety of data sets
- Support the timely and appropriate response to client inquiries regarding the data
- Serve as key support for the delivery of data, reports, and ad hoc research assignments
- BS/BA or advanced degree in business, economics, public health, or life sciences
- Attention to (and patience for) detail; focus is critical
- Desire to understand and build expertise in the nuances of the US healthcare system
- 0-3 year’s experience
- Previous background in data integrity, analysis, or product management is beneficial
- Background in pharmaceuticals, US Healthcare, biotech, or managed care desirable
- Previous experience as a pharmacy technician is a plus
Candidates must be able to focus on detail-orientation and efficiency in a fast-paced work environment, often juggling multiple simultaneous projects. Our research team is a close-knit group of Pharmacists, clinicians, and Analysts, and as a group, are deeply committed to quality. Being highly-motivated, committed to spending the time to understand the bigger picture as well as the detail critical to accuracy, and able to work with a variety of people will make the best candidates. Self-motivation and high expectations of self are critical to success. Excitement to be part of a larger team through collaboration, feedback, shared QC, and sense of a singular goal are important. After an initial training person, the Research Analyst will have the opportunity to work partially remote, if desired.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental, vision and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(K) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. We also offer work flexibility.
Decision Resources Group is proudly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. Work Flexibility.