Lead DevOps Engineer
We are seeking a detail oriented Lead DevOps Engineer to work with our distributed engineering teams to build repeatable, reliable, scalable processes and tools for delivering multiple products. With a focus on scripting, troubleshooting and collaboration; this person will support production operations as well as development, test and staging environments. Work with team to devise and automate procedures for provisioning new system instances, building and deploying versions of the system software and data, and providing for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Oversight of all server environments, from dev through production.
- Lead and mentor a team of DevOps Engineers.
- Ensure compliance with DRG standards, business continuity, security and disaster recovery policies
- Work closely with the development teams to provide high quality, highly available, and dynamic solutions.
- Liaise with application development teams to drive operational best practices.
- Design, implement and enhance CI and CD platforms.
- 10+ years of relevant experience with Linux systems. Windows Systems knowledge a great plus.
- 6+ years of hands-on experience in most of the following:
- Must have experience in AWS. Good understanding of the different AWS services and deployment models.
- Configuration management using any of these frameworks: Ansible/Chef/Puppet
- Experience with production application systems monitoring, performance optimization, root cause analysis, and advanced troubleshooting
- Understanding of the technical application risks, security, compliance and audit requirements
- Experience with administering AWS or other IaaS/PaaS Infrastructures – setting-up/configuring VPC, security groups/rules, IAM, Route53, C/ALBs, auto-scaling groups etc
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Strong scripting (Perl, python, bash or similar) skills required
- DNS & Networking Fundamentals, TCP/UDP, IP Routing, HA & Load Balancing Concepts
- Tools/Utilities: Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, Ganglia, Kickstart/Cobbler, Yum, RPM, GIT
- Hands on with building/implementing Jenkins CI/CD pipeline.
- Proficient in capacity planning
- Databases like MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL in both standalone and cloud setup (Aurora, RDS etc..)
- Setup monitoring tools to find problems and resolve and/or escalate to development.
Required QualificationsGood knowledge with Containerisation technologies.
- Graduate/Post graduate - Computer science (BE/BTech/MTech)
- Ability to work with large groups of engineers in multiple geographies
- Ability to communicate technical security requirements to technical and non-technical personnel
Professional 4 / Grade 7