Business Development Associate - MedTech
Decision Resources is a strategic business partner to pharmaceutical and biotech and Med Devices companies, facilitating informed decision-making by providing customer-focused market intelligence solutions. Whether entering new markets, planning pre-launch/launch activities or optimizing brand performance, our clients rely on Decision Resources to understand market dynamics, map customer behavior and identify opportunities.
With more than 30 years of experience in the pharmaceutical and Med Tech industry, Decision Resources is the market leader in pharmaceutical business intelligence. Proprietary methodologies, rigorous qualitative/quantitative analysis and extensive use of primary research ensure unparalleled insight and accuracy. Combined with specialized knowledge, global reach and excellent people, Decision Resources provides clients with a deep market understanding and service not available anywhere else.
Overall Purpose of Role:
As a Business Development Associate you will be tasked with generating new business from small and mid-cap Med Tech accounts (up to and including $1bn t/o) as well as maintaining and growing existing client relationships through focused account management and retention activities both over the telephone and face-to-face.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Proactive new business generation with a focus on mid-tier Med Tech companies, as well as other key industry stakeholders, in Europe and North America markets
- Managing these existing relationships for growth through valued account management and up-selling new solutions
- Maintaining a robust pipeline for future sales by sourcing new prospects as well as qualifying inbound leads for conversion
- Engaging and communicating effectively with senior (often C-level) decision makers both over the telephone and face to face
- Accurately maintaining and developing prospect/client data via our CRM tool
- Collaborating with other commercial teams to maximize revenue opportunities from prospects and existing clients
- Developing and maintaining a high level of product knowledge across a broad range of DR’s products and services
- Attending conferences and events with the aim of developing new business and supporting existing clients
Education, Experience, and Competencies Required:
- Degree or MBA educated
- 1-3 years of business Intelligence sales experience into the Med Device sector highly preferential, which must include proactive telephone-based new business generation.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of presenting to senior decision makers in the Pharma sector beneficial
- Experience of attending and exhibiting at industry events and conferences
- Experience of selling into EMEA and US Med Tech markets
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- A motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Passionate about winning; A self-starter with a track record of success ideally in and out of the workplace
- Languages: fluency in English is a must. Knowledge of other languages preferential
With over 1,100 employees worldwide, Decision Resources Group provides the pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device, financial services and managed care industries with the analytics they need to compete and thrive in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Through both organic growth and an aggressive acquisition strategy, Decision Resources Group has become the premier provider of healthcare analysis and data in the world. Please visit us at: http://decisionresourcesgroup.com.
Decision Resources Group offers a competitive compensation package and medical, dental and life insurance programs from first day of employment. We also offer a 401(k) retirement plan after two complete months of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Professional 2/Grade 6